regio UE GR MDRAP sdp fonduri_ue
Search

“VASS” BOARDING HOUSE **

“VASS” Boarding House is located in the centre of Sângeorgiu de Pădure.

The Boarding House consists of 8 rooms, 5 double bedrooms and 3 with triple bedrooms.

The restaurant and bar are located on the ground floor.

The restaurant complies with all comfort conditions.

The Boarding House is also equipped with one terrace, a bar, a pool table, football table, gambling, conference room and satellite TV in every room.

The conference room located on the upper floor can hold up to 120 people.

The boarding house organizes also trips on the bank of Bezidu Lake located nearby during which guests have the opportunity to taste a traditional “goulash soup”.

Phone:0736617295 / 0730559154 / 0730559156 / 0265578484

Email:This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.   This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Free time activities

Tourists may have a swim, ride on a boat, or fish on Bezidu Nou Lake or have a stroll on foot or by bicycle around the lake.

Tourist Attractions

The city is renowned for Rhedey Castle, built in 1759 on the site of an ancient castle dating from the 16th century and rebuilt in 1808. This is the place where Rhedey Klaudia lived, the grandmother of Queen Mary-Victoria of Great Britain, great-great-grandmother of the current Queen of Great Britain, Elisabeth II.

The Reformed Church was built in gothic style between the 13th and 14th centuries. The Unitarian synod took place here in 1618 and since 1640 it had been returned to the reformed worshippers. The bell tower of the church was erected during the Reform period and in 1760 the church was rebuilt under the guardianship of families Rhedey and Wesselényi whose memory is still preserved nowadays in this church. The crypt from the basement of the church was built up in 1614. The crypt of Rhédey family can also be found here. On the northern flank of Kalandos hill only the ruins of the crypt were left and it’s from there that the remains of the beautiful countess, Rhédey Klaudia, and her husband, Alexander de Würtemburg, along with their family, were brought. In 1935 the church was refurbished with the help of a donation from the granddaughter of Queen Mary Victoria. She was also the one that erected a commemorative plaque made of black marble in the memory of her grandmother.

The Orthodox Church was rebuilt in 1938 on the site of the old church.

Zeyk family manor was built in 16th century.

The Commemorative Monument of Bezidu Nou village

The Memorial House of writer Bözödi György in Bezid.

The burial mounds tombs in Bezid.

Recommended routes

-        Sovata – Praid – Lupeni (the tomb of Tamási Áron) – Odorheiu Secuiesc – Cristuru Secuiesc – Sighișoara

-        Târgu Mureș – Brâncovenești

-        Gheorgheni – Lacul Roșu (Red Lake)- Cheile Bicazului

-        Miercurea Ciuc - Șumuleu Ciuc – Tușnad – Lacul Sfânta Ana (St. Ana Lake) (volcanic crater lake)

-        Făgăraș Massif – Lacul Bâlea (Bâlea Lake) – Brașov – Bran (Bran Castle)